Friday, May 20, 2011

Nevada




a couple of weeks ago Nevada got a little spot on her belly that was about the size of a pencil eraser, I just assumed it was her eczema flaring up and it would go away. But by the end of the week it was about the size of a quarter, and there was another little spot right next to it, so I thought we better get it looked at. Harlie had a well child check up so I kept Nevada out of school and just took her with me so Dr. Denton could look at it. Dr. Denton said it looked like an eczema breakout and to treat it with her prescription and if that didn't help then it could be ringworm..........gross. So we started treating it and it kept growing and growing when she got about 50 spots I was like okay it has to be something else this is only getting worse. So I called the doctor and got another appointment and Dr. Denton took one look at her and said "oh that's pityriasis rosea!" What on the world is that I thought......Well it is very rare and they don't have an exact answer for where it comes from and there is no way to treat it, just over about 6 weeks it will go away. It isn't contagious and it usually just is on their tummy and back and on the back of their necks. Nevada is such a sport with it, she shows whoever wants to see it. I'm so glad that she has such good confidence and she doesn't sweat the little stuff. We love this little girl she teaches us so much everyday. If only I had about 1/2 of the confidence this little girl has, I would have it made! :) We love you sis, thanks for being you and teaching mom and dad!

1 comment:

  1. That's crazy! I can't believe they don't know much about it. I hope it goes away quick!

    ReplyDelete